What is IELTS?
IELTS is the world's leading English language proficiency test. By completing our preparation course you guarantee yourself the best opportunity to ace your test!
- The IELTS examination was created 22 years ago as a screening tool for entry into higher education in English-speaking countries, as well as for migration purposes.
- There are two types of test:
- The Academic Module, designed for people who wish to embark on a university course in an English-speaking country and the
- General Training Module, which is taken by people who want to migrate or find employment abroad.
- There are four sub-tests: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking, all graded on a 9-band scale, where zero is 'non-user' and 9 represents 'educated native speaker' proficiency.
Why is IELTS so successful?
Education institutions, employers and governments want a reliable, secure, accessible and high quality assessment tool for testing English language proficiency. IELTS has proven itself to be the world's leading test and is widely recognised and respected.
- IELTS scores are recognized by over 6000 universities and colleges worldwide.
- In 2011 well over 1.5 million IELTS tests were taken around the world.
- You can sit this test in more than 130 countries – 700 locations, up to 4 times each month.